17+ Years of UX, UI, Multimedia, Web and Mobile Design Experience
Specializing in sustainable and disruptive digital product inovation, from Start-Ups to Enterprise
- <p>Ideation, Strategy</p>
- <p>UX Reviews</p>
- <p>User Journeys</p>
USER EXPERIENCE STRATEGY
User Experience strategies should be the foundation of every project, wheather it be new innovations or simple upgrades, in a start-up or an enterprise corporation, UX principles applied effectively can guarantee to meet business and user objectives and ensure effective products and applications. From detailed to lean UX, I have experienced what works and doesn’t for dozens of clients and applications over the years, and can guide you to the right processes.
Tightly coupled with User Experience, appropriate and impactful visual design is key to give credibility and trust to your brand. The first step in your relationship with your user is when they glance at you and decide if they want to invest more time. There are thousands of ways to build a good looking interface, but to give it style, branding and effective functionality for your business goals is a specific skillset. I have experience in many of these techniques to ensure that the right way to visualize and build an interface is accomplished every time.
- <p>Adobe Suite</p>
- <p>Marketing Collateral</p>
- <p>Video Production</p>
- <p>Audio Production</p>
Your brand is important, and its vital that people who view your business feel it is important, too. From colors, illustrations, and unique photography, to video, animation and audio, immersing your users into an interactive experience with your brand will create bonding relationships with your users. Employing a variety of multimedia elements, appropriate to filling the needs of the business and user, will always take it to the next level. Whether it be for marketing, sales, or information, I have decades of experience in creating the media that draw your users in.
LEAD USER EXPERIENCE MANAGING CONSULTANT, DCX, CAPGEMINI
CHARLOTTE, NC — 2016 – PRESENT
As one of the lead UX experts in one of the largest global consulting firms, I had the privilege of working in our Digital Customer Experience practice to introduce thought leadership and formulate effective UX strategies into a variety of mobile and web initiatives. Clients ranged from some of the most recognizable multi-billion dollar financial institutions in banking and insurance, to large start-ups within that space. From introducing our capabilities to digital road-mapping, and from strategy to implementation, I managed many successful UX and UI teams and initiatives.
- Led sales presentations on our UX strategies and capabilities for potential client executive teams.
- Defined UX implementation strategies for large-scale digital initiatives, from sustainable to disruptive innovation.
- Was involved in defining and working every phase of the UX and UI spectrum (Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation)
- Managed UX and UI teams across clients in a variety of multi-million dollar mobile and web applications
VICE PRESIDENT of PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT, REFLECTIVE PRACTICES
AMERICAN FORK, UT — 2014 – 2016
I oversaw the formation, design and development of the entire portfolio of products, which includes over 34 products. My emphasis was in idea development, branding, user experience testing, interface structure, UX verification cycles, mobile and web application design, lean startup strategies, online marketing strategies and campaigns, marketing materials, product evolution and evaluation, and managing 3rd party design and development contractors. I organized and managed all of the day-to-day activities of the company, including project and product managers, marketing, design, and development teams.
- Grew the company’s portfolio from 6 to 35 products (583%) in 20 months, 83% of the projects being mobile apps.
- Managed a robust outsourcing solution that saved the company over three million dollars.
- Worked with over 30 product owners to refine and develop their ideas to qualify for joint venture agreements.
- Conducted UX walkthroughs, reviews and participatory design activities
- Created hi-definition mockups and functional prototypes.
- Developed a variety of custom business and marketing strategies for our company’s portfolio of businesses.
USER EXPERIENCE ARCHITECT/SR WEB DESIGNER, STAYWELL
SALT LAKE CITY, UT — 2011 – 2014
I oversaw and developed the User Experience and User Interface designs for all Krames Staywell products, which included 12 multimillion dollar health education and technology products used by clients such as Johns Hopkins, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Chrysler, Harvard Medical, University of Utah, Intermountain Healthcare and more. I assisted Executives, Product Managers, Project Managers, Developers, Marketers and Sales teams to ensure the best possible user experience across all products.
- Conducted UX walkthroughs, reviews and participatory design activities.
- Developed wireframes, personas, task flows, site maps and interface structures.
- Worked on both web and mobile applications.
- Created hi-definition mockups and functional prototypes,
- Worked closely with and trained developers in front-end practices and procedures.
- Assisted the Implementation design team in creating and integrating the designs on behalf of clients.
OWNER, WINKS DESIGN
SALT LAKE CITY, UT — 2000 – 2011
As an independent designer running my own business, over the years I have been passionate about assisting businesses in seeing their visions spring to life.
Many projects developed are used by Xango, New Skin and Freelife distributors, the Utah Department of Public Safety, Intellipay, Dreamfire Labs, Genshai, Carnegie Melon University, and many other large and small projects such as a dance studio, health spa, network marketing management systems, payment gateways, non-profits, universities, social networks, health care, localization, video production studios, home builders, investors, accountants, sales teams, marketers, app developers and more.
- Specialized in structuring and designing complex ideas into simple web applications
- Consulted and strategized with clients to create efficient user experiences with their products and services
- Established identity and Branding
- Created website and social media designs, specializing in WordPress development and Responsive design
- Designed print materials: postcards, posters, t-shirts, business cards, signs and more
- Produced animations and promotional videos
- Worked with businesses and development teams located worldwide
- Taught Web Design and User Experience Design at Provo College*
- Consulted and worked with corporate designers and design teams on UX/UI practices and solutions
CREATIVE DIRECTOR, @INTERNATIONAL SERVICES/TRANSLATE YOUR WORLD
ATLANTA, GA — 2007 – 2011
During my time with International Services, I led all aspects of visual and User Experience design for their localization and translation business and products. Many of the localization applications we developed are used by ESPN, Verizon, UPS, Cartoon Network, the World Trade Organization, IBM, CNN, and many other technology, education and healthcare companies worldwide
- Designed and developed voice, video and print translation applications for translators and consumers
- Created customized subtitle and closed-captioned video players
- Conducted User Experience reviews and tests with clients
- Developed identity and branding for all of @International Services brands and divisions
- Designed and developed all divisional websites
- Created print and marketing material
GRAPHIC DESIGNER/VIDEO PRODUCER, UTAH VALLEY UNIVERSITY
OREM, UT — 2000 – 2002
- Created graphics, layouts and comics for the school newspaper
- Produced and edited the Video Entertainment segment of the school news broadcast
- Wrote the entertainment column for the school newspaper
- Worked with the school’s marketing team on advertisements and other promotional designs
Utah Valley University
Orem, UT 2000 – 2002: Multimedia
Idaho State University
Pocatello, ID 1996-1997: Design
Board of Advisors – UX
Eagle Gate College, Salt Lake City, Ut
Board of Advisors – UX
Provo College, American Fork, Ut
Guest Professor, Web Design
Provo College – 2o12
Guest Lecturer – BYU Hawaii
UX, Entreprenuership, gamification – 2015-2016
(Please download Chad’s resume for additional references and contact information)
Chad and I have worked together on design projects since mid-1998. Over the past almost two decades we’ve done 200+ projects and have worked at several companies together. In my professional career I have created with hundreds of designers and, without doubt, Chad is the best. His creativity stretches beyond expectations, and if you allow him, he will always create something better than what was originally wanted. With every designer you are not going to get what you want on the first try, but unlike most designers Chad is willing to work with you until you are completely satisfied. No matter what you pay for Chad’s services you are getting a bargain!Paul Wilson
Chad Winks worked as the lead UI/UX designer for my Product Development Team for about 2 1/2 years. Chad led the design efforts for both major product upgrades and brand new product concepts. He owned the UX process from start to finish which included conceptualizing, designing, end-user testing, and final design delivery. Chad’s work was impeccable at all stages of the process. His strong communication skills, along with his breadth to be both creative and technical, enable him to work seamlessly with both end-users and developers. His creativity and skill are amazing but his empathy for the user is what sets him apart. He wants to take care of the user, he pushes for what’s right for the user, and the product is better as a result. I would highly recommend Chad and if given the opportunity I would work with him again in a second.Tim Costantino
Chad is perhaps the most innovative creative director, web designer, and web/flash programmer whom our company has had the privilege to engage. He has the ingredients so vital to any company’s success – artistic brilliance added to the ability to design, program, and execute solutions without peer in the marketplace. Nothing he creates is ordinary – his creations are all extraordinary, with the end effect being success to the organization to which he lends his skills. It is not every day that we write such a recommendation.Sue Reager
(See Chad’s resume for details and contact information)Lance Schiffman
(See Chad’s resume for details and contact info)Beverly Ellison